Friday, April 13, 2007

Violins and Raindrops

I walk pass these trees every morning on my way to work. Yet I do not see these trees every morning.
Imagine missing trees dripping with pearls.










I cried when I read about a man playing violin in a subway station for change, and out of a thousand people who walked by only a handful heard the music.
This violin player was one of the best classical violinists in the world and the music brilliant. Each piece was an emotional powerful, each note a pearl.
Imagine not hearing a thing ...





How can that happen? How can we pass by beauty without seeing or hearing it. Has beauty become irrelevent?

"What is this life, if full of care
We have no time to stop and stare?"
From Leisure by W.H. Davies

The amazing article about the violinist (Joshua Bell) and the subway is called Pearls Before Breakfast and was on Washingtonpost.com. It came to me from www.charityfocus.org which sends a thought of the day and an article everyday.

No comments: