Thursday, November 18, 2021

Choose kind - From Nov 4th

 "It's not our job to play judge and jury, to determine who is worthy of our kindness and who is not. We just need to be kind, unconditionally and without ulterior motive even - or rather, especially - when we'd prefer not to be."

Josh Radnor

My thoughts today;
I'm so full of gratitude I could sing! Monday I hurt my leg and spent a few hours in Emergency at the hospital. After a few hours Monday and a return visit for a few more hours Tuesday (most of these hours spent waiting in lines) I left feeling gratitude for the kindness, compassion, patience and professional care that I received. During the time I spent there I thought a lot about how fortunate I am. In many places in the world this care would be a huge expense if it was even available, and for me to have access to this care within a half hour drive is even more rare.
My gratitude is for so much more than just being on the mend. In those lines I saw small acts of kindness amidst frustration, anger and even fear. It's a levelling experience, being in a line up for emergency treatment and I thank the universe I had the option to be there. 

"We are so vocal about what we hate."
Josh Radnor

"We're like a gardener with a hose and our attention is water - we can water flowers or we can water weeds."
Josh Radnor

I'm fine by the way... just another little booboo in the life of a happy farmer.

Cheers
Jeanne

No comments: