Thursday, November 15, 2018

Imagination

“We lay there and looked up at the night sky and she told me about stars called blue squares and red swirls and I told her I'd never heard of them. Of course not, she said, the really important stuff they never tell you. You have to imagine it on your own.” 
Brian Andreas

Why Brian Andreas today: 
Last night I dreamed for the second night in a row that I needed to decorate my mind for Christmas... huh???  I saw endless moon fields of wreathes and santas and boxes wrapped with big red bows. I kept trying to see more and spiraled into a nebulous panic that it would never be done, then I was wide awake. The first night I couldn't get back to sleep. I thought in circles about everything I had to do, and each thing led to more to do's and I could never get "there" ...like "finished" and think that even for one second I could stop and rest.
When I woke last night I thought; this is ridiculous! I have to find a way to sleep so somehow I'm going to have to find a way to decorate my mind with something that will satisfy it. Something that is doable and not bought because how can I fill my mind with something I buy.. that just means I have to work more to make more money and I don't want to do that!! I visualized the field filled with the colour red and then lights, moved on to trees and snow, stars and angels, and then Kindness! I can fill that endless moon field with Random Acts of Kindness that like little fireflies will accumulate sparks in the void and over time... then I fell asleep
I googled Imagination Quotes this morning and discovered Brian Andreas
Cheers
Jeanne

“Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life. ” 
― Brian Andreas 


https://flyingedna.com/pages/brian-andreas
https://www.ahundredwaysnorth.com/about/
https://shop.storypeople.com

Most people know me as the writer and artist behind StoryPeopleBrian Andreas Studio is my wild space where you'll find my most recent stories and all the other things I'm up to...
Born in Iowa, raised in Chicago, I went to Luther College for my BA in Theater and English. Later on, after I figured out what I really wanted to do (HA!) I got my MFA in Fiber and Mixed Media from John F. Kennedy University in the Bay Area of California. Fibre? you say. I thought you told stories. Well, if you must know, I’d answer, my degree is in Stories As The Fibre of Human Community.
That said, my real education came from being in the world: short order cooking at Denny’s, apprenticing with a French chef in Chicago, running operations at a high-fashion mannequin factory in L.A., doing contract archaeology in the summer heat, dabbling as a tennis pro after college, writing plays for a small theatre company in Minnesota. I speak six languages, with my favorites being the Romance languages (not surprisingly).
For me, the thousands of stories I've written are a lot like going through photo albums. They mark specific moments & ways of being in my life. Taken on their own, they are reminders of those times. When I read a group of my stories, I get a sense of where they’ve been leading me, what they’ve been wanting me to understand the whole time. That changes through time & through the addition of further stories along the way.
I paint canvases. I sculpt wood. I write stories. I cook. I have long conversations with the people I love & much shorter conversations with people I don't. I make books - 15 so far. I devour urban fantasy on my ipad (at least, lately. I have a few non-fiction thingies I'm reading, too, but those are mainly to prove I have a broad set of interests when someone asks...)


No comments: