Friday, November 08, 2019

Routine lethal

“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it's lethal" 
Paulo Coelho

Definitely one of my favourite authors of all time Paulo Coelho comes through with the perfect quote for the occasion. Today my daughter is leaving on her travels south with her dog Ziggy. She a great inspiration for listening to the call of adventure. It really takes me out of my comfort zone that she goes on these trips and I know I won't see her for months, but I remind myself constantly that she is "Naturally creative, resourceful and whole"* and the biggest service I can do for her is emotionally support her choices and send her off with blessings and love. 
Cheers
Jeanne

*That "People are naturally creative, resourceful and whole" is a cornerstone of the coaching model from the Coaches Training Institute which I did my coaches training through over fifteen years ago now. This 'cornerstone' is still something I consciously remind myself of when I find I'm trying to fix people and situations, particularly for my kids.
Here' s a couple bonus quotes for today, to help get through those times stuck in the routine of whatever comfort zone we are in.

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh 
If we practice mindfullness, we always have a place to "be" when we are afraid" ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
 
The Thich Nhat Hanh quotes I found on the following blog when I was wandering around google for "creative resourceful and whole"

No comments: