Thursday, September 03, 2020

Walk to Freedom

 


"I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended."
Nelson Mandela

If we want something we need to make it happen. One step at a time, one hill at a time, one obstacle at a time. Rome was not built in a day and nothing is going to be easy. Taking responsibility for ourselves and our dreams is not easy, it is really hard in fact, but when we do the hard thing the rewards are immense and progressive steps become more rewarding. 
It is not magic that some people jump out of the crowd, Goethe's quote below explains how magic works and miracles happen... this is not the difficult part, the most difficult part is to go deep inside and decide what we really want. That doesn't show up in a dream, it becomes honed and tuned as we walk. Nelson Mandela did not know what he was going to become when he took his first step. We can't go anywhere if we don't take a step out of our comfort zone.
Cheers
Jeanne

"Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




No comments: