Thursday, March 03, 2022

Credibility??

 “There are better ways to build your case than to speak with absolute certainty about what is currently happening. It immediately invalidates the work others are doing and questions your credibility.”

 Clay Scroggins, How to Lead When You're Not in Charge: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority

My thoughts

Say what?? This trucker convoy seems to be fueling a cyclone of dissonance  attracting anyone who feels they've a grievance from any perspective taking the opportunity to speak louder and louder and fuel the noise and chaos. 

I wonder when we'll realize that the louder the voice the less the credibility of the noise maker. Seems to me this particular protest is about noise and the distorting of issues than about addressing inequality.  

But if I were the King of the Forest what would I do ... hmmm ... There is no doubt in my mind there is injustice, inequality and an epic lack of respect and communication happening. When I figure it out I'll let you all know! And in the meantime I'll keep reading and listening and trying not to invalidate others with my certainty.

Cheers
Jeanne

No comments: