Thursday, January 05, 2023

Just start - December 8th 2022

 "You have exactly one life in which to do everything you'll ever do. Act accordingly."

Colin Wright


Thoughts today: 
the closer I get to 65 the more frequently I think about the temporality of me in this life. Lying awake last night I had a fleeting visit from an older me, wondering why I was wasting so much time. Minutes will never come back, each breath is the only one, the next will be another one. Looking for something to distract my thoughts I scrolled through Youtube lists of sleepy time music, Tibetan bells, meditations, until, randomly, a Ted Talk by Mel Robbins: "How to stop screwing yourself" drew me in.

Chief message takeaway:

"Start before you’re ready. Don’t prepare, begin!"
Mel Robbins

Cheers
Jeanne

No comments: