Thursday, September 05, 2019

Sharing responsibility, Fred Rogers

“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say "It's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem." Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.” 
Fred Rogers  

I heard about a new movie: "Its a Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood" with Tom Hanks playing Mister Rogers. This morning reading quotes by Mr. Rogers/Fred Rogers I saw courage and the essence of a hero. The hero that is inside us all when we find the courage to trust ourselves and let go of whatever fears and needs are keeping us small.
Then I watched the trailer and I started crying, can't wait to see the movie!!! 
Cheers
Jeanne

What's the Tom Hanks Mr. Rogers movie about?
The film is a biopic of Fred Rogers, creator and host of the long-running children's TV show Mister Rogers' Neighborhood (1968 - 2001). The plot will focus in part on the real-life friendship between Rogers and journalist Tom Junod, who will be portrayed by Matthew Rhys (The Americans). The cynical journalist reluctantly takes an assignment to write a profile story about the cherished TV icon. In the process, Junod's perspective on life is forever changed by Rogers. The real-life piece, titled Can You Say...Hero?, was published in Esquire in November 1998.
 
“When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.” 
Fred Rogers

No comments: